Thursday 7 April 2011

French Drivers II

Got some feedback regarding French driving standards, none of it positive, I have to say. Among the more repeatable words were always on the phone, never indicate, never look, drive up your backside...One pointed out that there were twice as many fatalities on French roads as on British ones, despite the French ones being distinctly less congested. I don't drive enough either here or there to really be able to comment and I think it'd be unfair to base any judgement I happen to make on driving in Crawley from 1978-80 and Germany from 1989 - 1995. When I do drive in France I take it easy, keep my distance and always try to keep my bottle of whisky out of sight of the speed cameras when we zoom past at 165kmh. After all, you do have to set an example to your children sitting in the back seat.

No comments: