Tuesday 19 April 2011

A Fine Morning To You All.

It's mornings like this that make me realise how lucky I am to live in this part of a fine city. It's not that the individual elements aren't available elsewhere, it's just that we have them all within a 500-yard radius.

It's a glorious, sunny morning, not a cloud in the sky and already, as I write at 9.15am, up around 19°C. Fingernail I has a cookery course at school this morning, run by one of the other mothers who just so happened to have built up, run and subsequently sold an extremely successful cooking academy, now the property of a national catering company. After dropping off Fingernail II at her maternelle I picked up an array of apples, lettuces, kiwis, onions, radishes, leeks, beetroot and carrots from the thrice-weekly organic market in the shady square just in front of our building. The stallholders were, as ever, friendly, talkative and open. It's a simple pleasure, but one which sets you up beautifully for the rest of the day.

Still no sound from our new neighbour. I really hope she's there; if she is, it means we've got a pearl...

My Mum gets here next week, then we're all going to head off to a gîte in the Pyrenees for a week. Can't wait. Life is really very good at the moment.

No comments: